To continue our mini-series on what you can expect from some of the biggest gaming companies at E3 2019, today we will talk about two huge players of the industry: Microsoft and Nintendo!
Microsoft all the way!
It’s not a secret anymore, Microsoft will make huge announcements during E3. Here is what we can be the most excited about:
- Microsoft will highlight its Xcloud and Xbox Game Pass services. Indeed, Microsoft knows that the war of consoles is ending, and a new game industry revolution is coming. Instead of being one of a warrior, Microsoft would like to set the peace, by creating a service you can access from any piece of hardware you want (like Google’s Stadia). Exclusive games wouldn’t be console exclusive anymore, but service exclusive. With recent news as Cuphead on Switch or partnership with PlayStation, this change, or revolution, is really on the way.
- They will still present their next-gen console: the Xbox Scarlett. Although we don’t have all the details, this console (or family of consoles) will be pretty powerful.
- They will announce 14 games from their studios. 14! Some titles are awaited, like Halo or Battletoads. But some rumours hint towards a new Banjo-Kazooie game (Banjo-Threeie ?!). So we are really excited about what games will be announced and what they will look like.
Nintendo, always Nintendo
Nintendo is this guy who makes what ever he wants… and it works (well, there’s the Wii U… but most of the time, it works).
With the recent discussion between Microsoft and Nintendo about Xbox services on Switch, it might be a good surprise that Nintendo shows up on stage with Microsoft for some announcement.
A new console, on the other hand, could be announced (a Switch Mini? a Switch Pro?) but seems unlikely. As well as Metroid Prime 4.
Finally, here is the list of the announced playable games presented by Nintendo at E3:
- Pokémon Sword and Shield
- The Legend of Zelda – Link’s Awakening
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 The Black Order
More games will be announced.
E3 is just in a couple of days, and we are really excited to see what those companies will show us! Be sure we’ll keep you updated with all the announcements!