As we are all anxious to experience the very first Community Day in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, we deemed important to provide you with some important tips to prepare yourself in ahead of time.
Community Day is an in-game event aimed at bringing local communities together once a month to benefit from in-game bonuses, boosted in-game features, and a new ‘collectible item’ in the game for a period of three hours, but more importantly to give Wizards and Witches around the world an opportunity to immerse themselves while meeting other people sharing the same passion: Wizards Unite!
Community Day Event Details – What to expect
When: July 20th, 2019
Asian Pacific: 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AEST (UTC +10)
Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India: 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC
The Americas and Greenland: 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)
Wizards and Witches will have access to a Free Store Pack which will include the followings to help them take down the Calamity:
- 50 Spell Energy
- 1 Barrufio’s Brain Elixir
For the duration of the event, the followings will be activated:
- 3 x XP when using a Barrufio’s Brain Elixir;
- Increased amount of Traces on the Map;
- Increased odds of encountering Hogwarts’ School Traces (similar to Brilliant Event spawns);
- Dark Detectors will last twice as long as usual.
Ahead of Community Day, we strongly recommend that you brew the following potions in order to benefit as much as possible from the event bonuses:
- Barrufio’s Brain Elixir: 6 to cover for the three hours
- Exstimulo Potions: 10 of each to facilitate returning some of the more difficult Traces
- Dawdle Draught: 5-10 to help with the Severe and Emergency Traces you may encounter
These number are recommendations. Wizards and Witches should brew them in advance as they see fit, based on their needs, and their means.
Most of the tips related to Spell Energy might be obvious to some, but one should never assume they know everything (hell, we don’t).
- Make sure that you are full of Spell Energy before the start of Community Day;
- Claim your Free Store Pack when low on Spell Energy;
- Avoid playing in a Flagged location;
- Pick a location where there are lots of spawns, but also where you have access to several Inns, ideally Pub Weasley Inns (the green ones) as they provide the most Energy on average.
Another useful tip is NOT to attempt returning every Trace that you find (unless your sole purpose for the event is to gain valuable XP). We recommend returning lots of them, yes, but also to walk around your selected location looking for Traces that you are in dire need to complete your Registry or Prestige a page of your Registry.
- Charge up your battery pack the day before, and make sure to bring it with you;
- Don’t have a battery pack, you might want to consider purchasing/borrowing one;
- Dress/pack according to the weather forecast, not according to the in-game weather condition:
- Sunscreen (USE IT) and a hat if sunny;
- Jacket and an umbrella if rainy;
- Vest or long sleeve if windy;
- Bring water, walking is exercise, stay hydrated at all times;
- Participate, and immerse yourself! It’s your chance to meet other Wizards and Witches who share the same passion as you do. Don’t miss out!