The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team just announced that update 2.2.0 is on the horizon, expected later today, and that it features some exciting new Foundables and features, QOL improvements, and fixes! Without further ado, let’s dive in!
New Foundables are here, but more specifically added to the Magical Games and Sports Family:
- Quidditch Fan Hermione
- Quidditch Fan Neville
- Quidditch Fan Luna
- Quidditch Fan Seamus
- Gryffindor Quidditch Banner
The release notes hints towards the fact that one, or perhaps several, of these five Foundables will be available exclusively through Wizarding Challenges! Our list here will be updated as soon as we find out!
For Portkeys, a new location has been added to the 10 kilometres pool: Honeydukes! It will be extremely interesting to know which Foundable will be available from this location! We’ll be sure to update our list here once we find out!
For AR, you can now snag pictures with the Swooping Evil! We look forward to how creative Wizards and Witches will be with this creature!
Quality of Life Improvements (QOL)
For Potions, you will now be able to access your Ingredients, directly from the Potion section of your Suitcase. Don’t you love simply QOL improvements like this? We certainly do!
For your Ministry ID, Stickers will now be more intuitively organized by categories (Recently Used, Featured, Hogwarts, Lore, and Wizarding World).
Let’s just hope that these QOL improvements will eventually be implemented into the Runestone inventory.
A few bug fixes have reportedly been fixed.
- Dancing with Dummies for Auror is now fixed;
- [iPads Only] You will currently not be able to share your Ministry ID or Portrait images. Tapping the share button does not open the sharing options Fixed an issue with the Title “Portkey Passenger” not appearing in the Titles section of the Ministry ID even though the player should have received the Title;
- Fixed an issue with players not receiving XP when playing Wizarding Challenges with Friends (THANK YOU!);
- Fixed an issue with the Suitcase being badged when a page needs to be Prestiged;
- Fixed an issue with the Music turning on in Portkeys, even if it is off in the Settings.
It had been a while, but we finally have an update on several known issues. This is extremely helpful for the community to know that they are listened to. However, it is also extremely unsettling to know that there are so many known issues that seemingly cannot be fixed just yet.
That being said, let’s all be honest for a second. We all have been asking for a report on known issues, and the HPWU is delivering. They are relentlessly working on improving smaller to larger things, and this goes a long way to prove. We welcome transparency!
- Players may receive a black screen when switching from the app in Gallery Mode, to take a photo in the device’s camera, then going back to the app
- Players may not see their chosen Lens, Filters, Stickers, and Frames on their Last Portrait when first tapping the Last Portrait in the Portrait section. When players tap it again, they should see the Last Portrait with all chosen items included.
- Players may get an error if they leave the app while uploading an image from the Gallery to their Ministry ID Portrait
- Player’s Portrait may become inverted if they try to take a photo in Ministry ID
- Foes may appear to receive Health or have negative Health after being attacked or defeated
- Recommended Grade for Chambers may be displayed in red text if the player’s Grade is equal to the recommended level
- Recipes may be badged (red dot) when there are no new Recipes to view
- Rental Cauldron popup may become unresponsive if players rent a cauldron then try to brew a potion with a longer brew time than is left on the Rental Cauldron
- Players may become stuck in the Potions Tutorial if they tap the ladle before the Tutorial reaches the Master Notes section
- Potion Brewing Queue slots may disappear after collecting a Potion and immediately attempt to brew another Potion. Exiting the Potions section fixes this issue.
- Foundables that are not from Encounters can sometimes have a high Seen number, even if they are not Seen in Encounters
- Foundables in Photo Mode may flip around when a player taps on the Foundable to reposition
- [Beta Players] Players who were in beta before SOS Assignments were introduced are unable to complete the Mysteries tasks
- “Download All Assets” may occasionally fail before completing the full download.
- App may become unstable on iPhone 5S devices
- Player may receive an error if they attempt to add an emoji to their Codename or First/Last Name
- Players may receive a message that they do not have enough space on their device to download all assets, even though they do
- Players may see the “Network Error” message at various points during gameplay. Checking your network conditions and restarting the app should help resolve this issue.
How do you feel about this update? We certainly love the simply improvements made to the QOL and the new Quidditch themed Foundables! Quidditch needs to be exploited a lot more in the game, and that’s a good way to do it! What do you think?
For the latest updates and news about Wizards Unite, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!