The second Wizards Unite Community is upon us. Interestingly enough, August will primarily focus on getting Wizards and Witches from local communities together, while boosting XP and Wizarding Challenges with Friends!
While it may lack in the sense of exclusivity that one may expect from Community Days, it certainly is a great focus in order to bring players together and create communities as the game is still in very early stages. We are therefore very excited to meet more local Wizards and Witches, and we certainly hope that you get to meet more of them in your local community on August 10!
When: August 10th, 2019
Asian Pacific: 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AEST (UTC +10)
Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India: 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC
The Americas and Greenland: 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)
Wizards and Witches will have access to a Free Store Pack which will include the followings to help them take down the Calamity:
- 50 Spell Energy
- 3 Silver Keys
- 3 Runestones
- 1 level 1 Hogwarts School
- 1 level 2 Hogwarts School
- 1 level 3 Hogwarts School
For the duration of the event, the followings will be activated:
- Playing a Wizarding Challenge, even as a solo player, will give you an increase in Challenge XP and Wizarding XP
- If you play a Wizarding Challenge with a Friend, you will receive 2x XP (or more) of Wizard XP
- Your team size, the number of players, Friends or non-Friends, will increase the Challenge XP by 2x XP (or more)
- There will be an increase of Potion Ingredients for brewing Healing Potion on the Map, which include: Wormwood, Bubotuber Pus, Dittany, and Dragon Liver
- Using a Healing Potion in a Wizarding Challenge will give you 50% more of your current Health
- Master Notes for Healing Potion will now reduce the brew time by 50%
- All Potions brewed in a Rental Cauldron will be brewed 33% faster
- Healing Potion brew time will be reduced by 50%
How to find Wizards and Witches near you
The Wizards Unite team recently introduced a feature on their forum to help Wizards and Witches find other people in their area: The Community Map!
Check out Wizards News, famous Youtube Star, for more details as to how it all works!
Potions and Ingredients
Ahead of Community Day, we strongly recommend that you brew the following potions in order to benefit as much as possible from the event bonuses:
- Barrufio’s Brain Elixir: 6 to cover for the three hours;
- Exstimulo Potions: 10 of each to facilitate returning some of the more difficult Traces you may encounter;
- Dawdle Draught: 5-10 to help with the Severe and Emergency Traces you may encounter;
- Healing Potions: 10-15 to help with the Wizarding Challenges you will complete with your friends.
We strongly recommend having several of all the required Ingredients for Healing Potions as these will be very easy to brew quickly during the Event AND be extremely useful.
- Dragon Liver x 1
- Wormwood x 1
- Bubotuber Pus x 3
- Dittany x 2
These number are recommendations. Wizards and Witches should brew them in advance as they see fit, based on their needs, and their means.
STOCK UP ON RUNESTONES! That’s all there is to say. Three hours of Wizarding Challenges will take a big dent on your stock!
Most of the tips related to Spell Energy might be obvious to some, but one should never assume they know everything (hell, we don’t).
- Make sure that you are full of Spell Energy before the start of Community Day;
- Claim your Free Store Pack when low on Spell Energy;
- Avoid playing in a Flagged location;
- Pick a location where there are lots of spawns, but also where you have access to several Inns, ideally Pub Weasley Inns (the green ones) as they provide the most Energy on average;
- Most importantly, find a location where you have access to Fortresses.
Another useful tip is NOT to attempt returning every Trace that you find (unless your sole purpose for the event is to gain valuable XP). We recommend returning lots of them, yes, but also to walk around your selected location looking for Traces that you are in dire need to complete your Registry or Prestige a page of your Registry.
General Tips for Community Day
- Charge up your battery pack the day before, and make sure to bring it with you;
- Don’t have a battery pack, you might want to consider purchasing/borrowing one;
- Dress/pack according to the weather forecast, not according to the in-game weather condition:
- Sunscreen (USE IT) and a hat if sunny;
- Jacket and an umbrella if rainy;
- Vest or long sleeve if windy;
- Bring water, walking is exercise, stay hydrated at all times;
- Participate, and immerse yourself! It’s your chance to meet other Wizards and Witches who share the same passion as you do. Don’t miss out!
How do you feel about the format of the second Community Day in Wizards Unite? Share your thoughts below!
For the latest updates and news about Wizards Unite, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!