Shortly before the second Community Day in the history of Wizards Unite, a new Brilliant Event was subtly announced within the game: Back to Hogwarts!
The new Brilliant Event coincides with back to school and is spread over two weeks, once again! It appears that the Calamity does not take a break even when the new school term is about to begin!
Week 1 of the Back to Hogwarts Event takes place August 13, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time and ends on August 20, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Week 2 of the Back to Hogwarts Event takes place August 27, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time and ends on September 3, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Brilliant Portkey QOL Change
Brilliant Event Portkeys will now be 3 km!
In order to facilitate your ability to rapidly open Portkeys during the Brilliant Events, Brilliant Portkeys will now require only walking 3 km before opening!
Throughout the Event, Wizards and Witches will be rewarded various precious items such as:
- Restricted Section Books (15 per week)
- Exclusive items for your Ministry ID Portrait (Lenses, Stickers)
- Coins (50 per week)
- and more!
Week 1: August 13 – August 20
Students are ready to return to Hogwarts for the start of the term, but the Calamity has taken the Hogwarts Express!
- Brilliant Ravenclaw Student (Wild)
- Brilliant Hufflepuff Student (Wild)
- Brilliant Slytherin Student (Wild)
- Brilliant Gryffindor Student (Wild)
- Brilliant Hogwarts Express Engine (Wizarding Challenges – Brilliant Runestone)
- Brilliant Luggage Trolley (Brilliant Portkey)
- Brilliant Hogwarts Express Conductor (Tasks)
- Brilliant Trolly Witch (Tasks)
Any Portkeys collected during Week 1 will reward Fragments from part 1 of the Brilliant Event, i.e. Brilliant Luggage Trolley, regardless of when you unlock and open it.
Week 2: August 27 – September 3
Students have arrived at school on the Hogwarts Express, but the first-years cannot be sorted into their houses until the Sorting Hat has been returned from the Calamity.
- Brilliant Thestral (Tasks)
- Brilliant Sorting Hat (Wild)
- Brilliant Winged Boar Gargoyle Statue (Tasks)
- Brilliant Hogwarts Boat (Wizarding Challenges – Brilliant Runestone)
- Brilliant Hogwarts Carriage (Tasks)
- Brilliant Hogsmeade Sign (Brilliant Portkeys)
Any Portkeys collected during Week 2 will reward Fragments from part 2 of the Brilliant Event, regardless of when you unlock and open it.
Complete your Event Portkeys from Week 1 before Week 2 begins
We recently learned that after a Brilliant Event has ended, upon the start of a new one, unused Event Portkeys will reward Fragments from the new Event, rather than the one you collected said Portkeys in. Therefore, should you pick up a Portkey before the end of Week 1 in the hope to complete your Event Registry of Week 1, make sure to do so before Week 2 beings otherwise you will receive Fragments from Week 2’s Event.
Brilliant Events DO NOT return
It was confirmed to us by Community Manager, Fazes, that at this time, there is no plan to bring back Brilliant Events. Therefore,
MAKE SURE THAT YOU COMPLETE YOUR EVENT REGISTRIES BEFORE A NEW BRILLIANT EVENT BEGINS.
Save your Scrolls
Starting immediately, start saving your Scrolls and work out the ideal strategies to use them as you’ll be collecting some very valuable Restricted Books (used mostly to unlock/upgrade Charms) during the Brilliant Event. It is extremely recommended to wait until the end of the Event before using your Restricted Books in order to determine how many you can allow yourself to spend, and therefore using them as wisely as possible.