Update from September 5, 2019
The HPWU team has confirmed that a complimentary gift will be available in the shop on the Day of the Dragons containing:
- 10 Scrolls
- 5 Spellbooks (How cool is that?!)
- 25 Spell Energy
Furthermore, the Founders’ Portraits will also go live on the map as wild spawns the same day as the Dragons, September 7, 2019, along with the Wild Board Wizarding Portrait which will be available through Wizarding Challenges.
Day of the Dragons FAQs
Will Dark Detectors spawn Dragons?
According to the HPWU team, YES.
Do you already know what the Day of the Dragons is? Then skip to our Tips by clicking here!
What is Day of the Dragons?
During the recent Wizards Unite Fan Festival, attendees were able to meet the requirements (returning 150,000 Dragon Oddities), therefore unlocking the Day of Dragons, a three hour Community Day Event taking place on September 7th, 2019 at the following times:
- Asia-Pacific: from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AEST (UTC +10)
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India: from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC
- Americas and Greenland: from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)
During this event, Dragons will finally be introduced into the game, but regionally locked to a specific region as follows:
- Peruvian Vipertooth – Americas and Greenland
- Chinese Fireball – Asia, The Middle East, and India
- Common Welsh Dragon – Europe and Africa
- Antipodean Opaleye – Oceania
However, for the duration of the event only, each region will see an extra Dragon land in their region as follows:
- Chinese Fireball – Americas and Greenland
- Antipodean Opaleye – Asia, The Middle East, and India
- Chinese Fireball – Europe and Africa
- Chinese Fireball – Oceania
Since the event also takes place during the Global Challenge rewards are live, Wizards and Witches across the globe will additionally benefit from the following bonuses:
- 25% Wizarding XP Bonus
- 1/2 Portkey Portmanteau distance
- 1/2 Brewing Time
- Dark Detectors last twice as long, i.e. 1 hour rather than 30 minutes
First, for most, Dragons should require 1-6 Spells to successfully defeat them.
- Common Welsh Dragon: 120 HP – Severe
- Antipodean Opaleye: 112 HP – Severe
- Chinese Fireball: 165 HP – Emergency
- Peruvian Vipertooth: 168 HP – Emergency
Most of the tips related to Spell Energy might be obvious to some, but one should never assume they know everything (hell, we don’t).
- Make sure that you are full of Spell Energy before the start of Community Day;
- Avoid playing in a Flagged location (despite them not being supposed to prevent other Family Foundables/Oddities to spawn);
- Pick a location where there are lots of spawns, but also where you have access to several Inns, ideally Pub Weasley Inns (the green ones) as they provide the most Energy on average;
- Dragons take on average 1-6 Spell Energy (depending on your Skills build) to take down, so DO NOT take the previous advice lightly. You will need access to Inns.
Potions and Ingredients
Ahead of Community Day, we strongly recommend that you brew the following potions in order to benefit as much as possible from the event bonuses:
- Barrufio’s Brain Elixir: 6 to cover for the three hours and benefit from the extra XP you will get from the new Dragon Oddities, but also the 25% Wizarding XP bonus from the Global Challenge;
- Exstimulo Potions: 10 of each to facilitate returning some of the more difficult Traces you may encounter;
- Dawdle Draught: 5-10 to help with the Severe and Emergency Traces you may encounter;
- Healing Potions: None, unless you also plan to use this event to battle in Fortresses with other Wizards and Witches. The Dragons won’t take you down, trust us.
Find Wizards and Witches near you
The Wizards Unite team recently introduced a feature on their forum to help Wizards and Witches find other people in their area: The Community Map!
Check out Wizards News, famous Youtube Star, for more details as to how it all works!
General Tips for Community Day
- Charge up your battery pack the day before, and make sure to bring it with you;
- Don’t have a battery pack, you might want to consider purchasing/borrowing one;
- Be mobile. The more ground you cover, the more encounters you have;
- Dress/pack according to the weather forecast, not according to the in-game weather condition:
- Sunscreen (USE IT) and a hat if sunny;Jacket and an umbrella if rainy;Vest or long sleeve if windy;
- Bring water, walking is exercise, stay hydrated at all times;
- Participate, and immerse yourself! It’s your chance to meet other Wizards and Witches who share the same passion as you do. Don’t miss out!
For the latest updates and news about Wizards Unite, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!