September 18, 2019, the developers from Minecraft Earth (MCE) held a second Q&A on their Discord server to provide an update on the game, but more importantly answer as vaguely as possible questions from the community. Below, we provide you with a summary of what we found out.
For the summary of the first Q&A with the Developers, click here.
Important Note: Keep an eye out on Minecon Live, we are expecting some new information to drop there!
- These will be less frequent than Tappables, but will allow to find items when you complete them.
- Adventures are where people will find Ores, not in their buildplates (that would be too easy).
- Hostile/Wild Mobs will spawn in Adventures.
- You can complete Adventures with your friends, but cannot directly hurt them (hint, use lava).
- If you die in Adventure, you lose the content in your hot bar and back pack.
- No details were provided whether or not exclusive mobs in MCE would eventually venture on Minecraft.
- There will be Holiday exclusive Mobs in MCE.
- Trading with Villagers is in the works.
- Ores are available to mine in Adventure, not on your buildplate.
- Mud is a new liquid block, that moves like lava or water. If touched by lava, it becomes dirt. If touched by water, it vanishes.
- New Tappables are frequently added to keep the game refreshing.
- There will be special events in MCE. Some will involve the real world, others strictly the game.
- Developers hinted to the fact that there may already be Easter Eggs in MCE.
- More features will come that won’t affect fast-traveling.
- Developers are opened to making the game playable in landscape, should the community want it.
- You can play songs on Noteblocks, like Baby Shark!
- Rubies will have different functions aside from purchasing buildplates.
- Battery and performance issues are their main focus at the time being.
- Social features in the works, more will be shared at the next Q&A.
- No regional elements will be introduced, i.e. the only limitation will be hard work and dedication.
- There will not be a ‘Turn AR off’ option as the game is meant to be played in AR.
- When someone dies, you cannot pick up their loot to avoid griefing.
What we already knew
- The End and the Nether will eventually make their way onto MCE;
- You will not be able to mod MCE.