As of today, Wizards Unite has been updated to 2.4.0 on both iOS and Android, and as usual, this update comes with loads of new information, fixes, and more! Let’s dive in!
Brilliant Event: Fighting Forces
A brand new Brialliant Event is coming and will once again last two weeks! ‘Get ready to earn more Restricted Section Books and unlock a new Portkey location with October’s Brilliant Event: Fighting Forces!
Week 1: October 8, 2019 to October 14, 2019
Week 2: October 22, 2019 to October 28, 2019
What do you suspect the Foundables for this Brilliant Event will be? We personally hope to see the inclusion of some elements from the epic and memorable Battle of Hogwarts!
New content/features/QOL improvements
- Players can now receive Spell Energy as a reward from winning a Wizarding Challenge, but strictly at Sponsored Fortresses.
- When successfully casting a spell and returning a Foundable, you will now be able to skip through the return animation by tapping on the screen. This will only be possible once you have already returned 1 fragment of a Foundable.
- Bogrod the Goblin is now available in Photo Mode
- PRAISE THE LORD! You will no longer have to tap each Lens, Frames, or Stickers in your Ministry ID Portrait to dismiss the darn red dot!
- Players can now skip the pot shuffling animation when visiting Greenhouses.
- When opening multiple Portkeys at once, players will now only get one dialog box to let you know you have unlocked one or more Portkeys.
- The Portkey Rewards screen will also show even if you’re unable to tap 5 wrackspurts or you leave the Portkey unexpectedly.
- Tap and hold Achievement badges in your Ministry ID to get a reminder of which Achievement you completed to receive the badge.
Most of these are very simple tweaks, but they will make everyone’s daily interactions in Wizards Unite much friendlier and less frustrating.
- Recommended Grade for Chambers being displayed in red text if the player’s Grade is equal to the recommended Grade.
- Players may become stuck in the Potions Tutorial if they tap the ladle before the Tutorial sequence reaches the Master Notes section.
- [Beta Players] Players who were in beta before SOS Assignments were introduced are unable to complete the Mysteries tasks Fixed an issue where progress for the SOS Assignment: ‘Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 Teammates’ wasn’t consistently recorded.
- Receiving a message that there isn’t enough space on their device to “Download All Assets”, even if there’s adequate space available on their device.
- “Download All Assets” occasionally failing.
All of the above mentioned issues have reportedly been fixed.
- The “Friends Listed 1: Have 1 Friend in Your Friends List” Achievement may not appear completed until an hour has passed.
- Foes may appear to receive Stamina or have negative Stamina after being attacked or defeated in Wizarding Challenges.
- Players may receive a black screen when switching from the app in Gallery Mode, to take a photo from the device’s camera roll, then going back to the app.
- Player’s Portrait may become inverted when taking a photo in the Ministry ID.
- Foundables that are not from Encounters can sometimes have a high Seen number, even if they are not Seen in Encounters, such as Werewolves or Abraxan Winged Horse.
- Foundables in Photo Mode may flip around when a player taps on the Foundable to reposition.
- Potion Brewing Queue slots may disappear after collecting a Potion and immediately attempting to brew another Potion. Exiting the Potions section fixes this issue.
- Player may receive an error if they attempt to add an emoji to their Codename or to their First/Last Name (Ministry ID Name).
How do you feel about these changes? We certainly appreciate tweaks that improve our quality of life when it comes to Wizards Unite. Despite having great animations and interactions, some of them were simply too time consuming or repetitive; therefore being allowed to skip through them is very much appreciated!