The fourth Wizards Unite Community has been announced, ahead of schedule this time! As suspected from a previous announcement, October’s Community Day will focus on Oddities, Wizarding XP, and Barrufio’s Brain Elixir.
Once more, we feel that this particular Community Day lacks in the sense of exclusivity that one may expect from Community Days. THAT BEING SAID, it potentially is the strongest, yet limited, Community Day so far. Furthermore, the HPWU team has finally opted to move the time of the event to local time!
When: October 19, 2019 – 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. LOCAL TIME
Wizards and Witches will have access to a Free Store Pack which will include the followings to help them take down the Calamity:
- 1 Tonic Potion
- Spell Energy
- Potion Ingredients
For the duration of the event, the followings will be activated:
- Spell Energy will NOT appear on the map;
- Increased spawns for Werewolves, Vampires, and Doxies Oddities Traces on the Map;
- 3x Wizarding XP from Oddities only;
- Tonic will only reveal Werewolves, Vampires, and Doxies;
- Barufio’s Brain Elixir brewing time is reduced to 30 minutes with an additional 50% bonus on Master Notes;
- Increased Spell Energy from Sponsored Inns.
In other words, Barrufio’s Brain Elixirs will only require 15 minutes to brew (with Master Notes), which is 1/48th of the time usually required to brew them!
Potions and Ingredients
Ahead of Community Day, we strongly recommend that you brew the following potions in order to benefit as much as possible from the event bonuses:
- Barrufio’s Brain Elixir: 6 to cover for the three hours;
- Tonic: 6 to cover for the three hours
In terms of Ingredients, considering the insane brewing time bonus on the Barrufio’s Brain Elixir, we cannot stress enough how important it will be fully stocked on Ingredients for it. Should you intend on strictly brewing this particular potion, and doing so in a timely fashion, you will be able to brew a total of 12 Barrufio’s Brain Elixir (24 with a rented Cauldron). To do so, you will require:
- Leaping Toadstool: 24 (or 48 if using a rented Cauldron)
- Frog Brain: 12 (or 24 if using a rented Cauldron)
- Runespoor Eggs: 12 (or 24 if using a rented Cauldron)
- Powdered Dragon Claw: 12 (or 24 if using a rented Cauldron)
Remember, Powdered Dragon Claw is only available through Portkey AND remember to harvest some Leaping Toadstool in advance!
How to find Wizards and Witches near you
The Wizards Unite team recently introduced a feature on their forum to help Wizards and Witches find other people in their area: The Community Map!
Check out Wizards News, famous Youtube Star, for more details as to how it all works!
Most of the tips related to Spell Energy might be obvious to some, but one should never assume they know everything (hell, we don’t).
- Make sure that you are full of Spell Energy before the start of Community Day;
- Avoid playing in a Flagged location as they have been reported to affect event spawns;
- Pick a location where there are lots of spawns, but also where you have access to several Inns, ideally Pub Weasley Inns (the green ones) as they provide the most Energy on average;
- Ideally, find a location where you have access to Fortresses.
General Tips for Community Day
- Charge up your battery pack the day before, and make sure to bring it with you;
- Don’t have a battery pack, you might want to consider purchasing/borrowing one;
- Dress/pack according to the weather forecast, not according to the in-game weather condition;
- Bring water, walking is exercise, stay hydrated at all times;
- Participate, and immerse yourself! It’s your chance to meet other Wizards and Witches who share the same passion as you do. Don’t miss out!
How do you feel about the format of the fourth Community Day in Wizards Unite? Share your thoughts below!
For the latest updates and news about Wizards Unite, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!